My opinion about Discord plugins.

Plug-in related stuff can be discussed here.

Moderator: Plugin Moderators

FVI
Inhabitant of a Planet
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Platform

My opinion about Discord plugins.

Post by FVI »

I wanted to express my opinion about Discord only available plugins.

In my opinion they should be stopped, because it's not fair to all non-discord users like me. Furthermore, even if it is not my case, any under 13 Theotown player cannot afford those plugins legally and I think this is also not fair. Yet I don't understand what's wrong with the plugin showcase and store since many of these plugins are also of good quality, and many other non-Discord users like me in the forum would appreciate them a lot.
In my opinion, Discord can be a good way to publish plugins, but I don't think it's fair to put them exclusively there.

This was just my opinion, and I hope you all understand it. Thanks for reading!

Kulche
Pluche
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: My opinion about Discord plugins.

Post by Kulche »

Plugin creators can distribute their works wherever they please.

FVI
Inhabitant of a Planet
Reactions:

Platform

Post by FVI »

Kulche wrote:
06 Oct 2023, 16:59
Plugin creators can distribute their works wherever they please.
I know. I am not asking to force anyone publishing their plugins here, but I'm trying to make plugin creators aware of my point of view on the situation which is the fact there are many non-Discord users like me who would like to use the plugins, so they can take it into consideration.

DualHD
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Platform

Post by DualHD »

FVI wrote:
05 Oct 2023, 21:07
I wanted to express my opinion about Discord only available plugins.

In my opinion they should be stopped, because it's not fair to all non-discord users like me. Furthermore, even if it is not my case, any under 13 Theotown player cannot afford those plugins legally and I think this is also not fair. Yet I don't understand what's wrong with the plugin showcase and store since many of these plugins are also of good quality, and many other non-Discord users like me in the forum would appreciate them a lot.
In my opinion, Discord can be a good way to publish plugins, but I don't think it's fair to put them exclusively there.

This was just my opinion, and I hope you all understand it. Thanks for reading!
Most of those plugins uploaded to Discord are already in the plugin store. Also there's probably a reason onto why plugin creators post their plugin to discord. Like maybe they wanna get some feedback before uploading to the plugin store (early access) or they're banned and can't upload plugins so they resort to uploading their plugins to Discord (Vönark) or it's something that the plugin store rejects.
Example: Complex industries is a plugin that's only available to download in a Discord server but they're are not ready to upload it to the plugin store because well it's not finished but you can get it and send feedbacks to the team who made the plugin to ensure the plugin WORKS.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Plug-In Discussion”