Openttd-theotown mashup

Share your ideas about possible future content here.
Wekabu city
Inhabitant of a Megalopolis
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: Openttd-theotown mashup

Post by Wekabu city »

The Edge wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 04:29
Wekabu city wrote:
06 Feb 2021, 14:00
Vanilla OpenTTD is nothing compared to JGRPP or Simutrans. Honstestly, OpenTTD/JGRPP is a city building game compared to Simutrans, even if both share many things (Simutrans is just a lot more complicated).
What does this mean??
It was about a statement that OpenTTD is too complex for Theotown

The Edge
Small-town resident
Reactions:

Post by The Edge »

Wekabu city wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 12:06
The Edge wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 04:29
Wekabu city wrote:
06 Feb 2021, 14:00
Vanilla OpenTTD is nothing compared to JGRPP or Simutrans. Honstestly, OpenTTD/JGRPP is a city building game compared to Simutrans, even if both share many things (Simutrans is just a lot more complicated).
What does this mean??
It was about a statement that OpenTTD is too complex for Theotown

Yes, i am starting to understand that there is alot more calculations that go into the brains of openttd.
Theres got to be a simplified way to ignore the basics of theo town and build a plugin that does its own thing.

So maybe it doesnt do anything for citizen happiness.
Maybe its just a decoration. We all love adding new decorations.
It would be nice to move cargo legit though.

It would be neat in a simulation to see your town not grow because your not getting meat from the farm to the processors or oil from the wells to the refineries that send cargo to industry manufactuers. or something along those line

TheFennekin
Neighborhood fox
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by TheFennekin »

How about this, the industries need a nearby tranportation depot to "transport their goods" and make them happy if their "goods' were delivered to another depot? Surely that's how Openttd works but simpler right?

The Edge
Small-town resident
Reactions:

Post by The Edge »

TheFennekin wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 16:51
How about this, the industries need a nearby tranportation depot to "transport their goods" and make them happy if their "goods' were delivered to another depot? Surely that's how Openttd works but simpler right?
Yes similar thinking...

If one zone isnt happy getting the deliveries it doesnt grow?

It would be nice to control the duties of the vehicles.
Trains seem to just spawn. You can create a bus route but you can only add a pre determined bus. No options for a single working bus plugins.

I read in a ship plug in that moving plugins on theotown cant exceed 2x2 why is that limited, can an abled person manipulate that size?

But to start off. Being new to theotown
I created my first city based on train transport only to find industry stations do not work.

And passenger trains spawn on their own similar to the original simcity from the 90's, you see a number of passengers and the system works, but in limited numbers there's no gain and it really only makes citizens happy just like a new application of a park or a hospital.

I am starting to think it would be more about creating a new zone type to accept different calculations

The Edge
Small-town resident
Reactions:

Post by The Edge »

Screenshot_20210207-131048_TheoTown.jpg
Screenshot_20210207-131031_TheoTown.jpg

This was how my first city turned out, i learned highways are necessary for dense zones. I was sad when the traffic built up in my industrial only to learn the game cant handle that much dense industrial and the train stations dont mean anything. Today i just build double roads from the beginning and eventually upgrade to highway everywhere. And you cant have the roads connected or its on big traffic jam
Screenshot_20210207-132900_TheoTown.jpg

The Edge
Small-town resident
Reactions:

Post by The Edge »

A map ive been putsing away with online.

Im still learning how best to put everything together and finding new plugins. Messing around with design concepts to learn how to best setup a model of a city.
No trains or busses as they just take up space and are not needed.
Screenshot_20210207-142706_TheoTown.jpg
Screenshot_20210207-142724_TheoTown.jpg
Screenshot_20210207-142732_TheoTown.jpg
Screenshot_20210207-142753_TheoTown.jpg
Screenshot_20210207-142854_TheoTown.jpg

srpelog
Settler
Reactions:

Post by srpelog »

Can you make this plugin?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic