Full game on Android ?

Here we talk about TheoTown in general.
Joerg
Settler
Reactions:

Full game on Android ?

Post by Joerg »

I was very excited to see this game, which looked like a SimCity I could play on my phone! I even looked towards ways to donate to the developer because I don't mind paying for a great game like this! But I was extremely disappointed to realize that unlike on Steam, where you can just buy the game, on Android it nickle and dime's you constantly - want to build a tunnel ? Why don't you fork over some dollars. Police station ? Some more dollars please. Fast forward ? Time to open that wallet. At a rough estimate, to unlock the whole game would be roughly $720 USD. That seems insane. I understand the idea of in-app-purchases for a quick fix like free money (though I personally dislike that kind of thing because it feels like cheating), but this is a bizarre difference to the more than fair price on Steam.

Is there really no way to pay a normal game price and have the entire game unlocked on Android ? The disparity seems incredibly unfair, and as nice as this game is, I am definitely not paying close to a grand to unlock a 90s style SimCity-like :(

Please tell me that I misunderstood, and that there is a way to just pay to have buildings and tunnels unlocked, and not deal with those micro payments for a million little things, including 'cheating' money.

DualHD
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Platform

Re: Full game on Android ?

Post by DualHD »

Joerg wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 16:26
I was very excited to see this game, which looked like a SimCity I could play on my phone! I even looked towards ways to donate to the developer because I don't mind paying for a great game like this! But I was extremely disappointed to realize that unlike on Steam, where you can just buy the game, on Android it nickle and dime's you constantly - want to build a tunnel ? Why don't you fork over some dollars. Police station ? Some more dollars please. Fast forward ? Time to open that wallet. At a rough estimate, to unlock the whole game would be roughly $720 USD. That seems insane. I understand the idea of in-app-purchases for a quick fix like free money (though I personally dislike that kind of thing because it feels like cheating), but this is a bizarre difference to the more than fair price on Steam.

Is there really no way to pay a normal game price and have the entire game unlocked on Android ? The disparity seems incredibly unfair, and as nice as this game is, I am definitely not paying close to a grand to unlock a 90s style SimCity-like :(

Please tell me that I misunderstood, and that there is a way to just pay to have buildings and tunnels unlocked, and not deal with those micro payments for a million little things, including 'cheating' money.
You can get the authority building to get unlimited tunnels (per city) it's only 100 diamonds so it's great value. And getting diamonds is really easy just log in everyday to get the daily rewards and don't spend it on anything. Also how else the developers would make money? Would you rather have an ad pop up every 5 seconds in the game or not?

Unfortunately there's no way to "buy" This game on Android. The Android version is the freemium version. I recommend getting the steam version (premium version) it's pretty cheap. But honestly i haven't spend any money on this game ever since I've played it in 2019.

Booger McFarland
Villager
Reactions:

Post by Booger McFarland »

I've spent $$$ 0.00 on this game, also Android, just doing research and watching a few YouTube videos helped out a lot . and collecting daily diamond

haplesscarrier
Settler
Reactions:

Post by haplesscarrier »

Doing quests and getting rewards is really fun. Furthermore, I can exploit many functions with this attractive game. I especially like the smooth transition effects in the game.

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

Aishiteru wrote:
17 Mar 2024, 11:45
You can buy everything for just their virtual "currency" a.k.a gems (or diamonds.)
Yes, if you are patient enough.

Ueueheheh
Settler
Reactions:

Post by Ueueheheh »

Um Efremov Ns Plugins are not working

PixelDubs
TheoTown Veteran in Pension
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by PixelDubs »

misterjo wrote:
02 Apr 2024, 04:54
I find completing quests and receiving rewards to be very enjoyable. Moreover, I can make use of numerous features in this captivating game. I especially like the smooth transition effects within the game.
Bro let this A.I. cook

PixelDubs
TheoTown Veteran in Pension
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by PixelDubs »

Btw one of the game devs informed me that there will never be a premium version for android or iOS since it wouldn't succesful.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Game Discussion”