Mechanics to improve gameplay

Share your ideas about possible future content here.
Planner030
Settler
Reactions:

Mechanics to improve gameplay

Post by Planner030 »

I played Theotown 2 years ago, I always thought how cool it would be if it had more advanced mechanics like in SIMCITY 3000 or SIMCITY 4, games that I played for years too and always had fun with.

The Secretaries: In SIMCITY 3000 the secretaries have their own personality and have a lot of say in their decisions, I think this is an interesting concept and one that ended up being lost over time, even in the most current games of the genre.

The Sims/People: In SIMCITY 3000, the sims themselves sent you proposals for laws, being very active as a community. This makes me think that in a city concept this makes the game much more realistic precisely because you know that in your city there are people with different opinions and they express them to promote changes in cities.

The Sims/People (2): Still talking about Sims, in SIMCITY4 they had greater integration with everyday life, for example, you could choose a sim to follow your day-to-day life, so he would talk about the problems in your neighborhood such as lack of policing or poor health, low level of education, etc.

Interaction between neighboring cities: I think there could be exchanges far beyond providing energy or water to your neighbor :)

Lot-based zoning system: I think this is not a new idea, but it would be interesting to better organize buildings such as farms, for example. Sometimes I zone an agricultural zone and it is disconnected because another farm soon appears next to it. This doesn't make much sense considering that farms generally have a large area of ​​land with crops, etc.

Scenarios/ Story Mode: I think it would be interesting as an option for players, events like the Olympics, World Cup, etc. You would be in charge of preparing your city for these grandiose events.

Anyway, these are my ideas :)

angelepatel
Settler
Reactions:

Re: Mechanics to improve gameplay

Post by angelepatel »

Seems like a good idea? I guess

VaaclavSaazavskyy
Settler
Reactions:

Post by VaaclavSaazavskyy »

Planner030 wrote:
01 Oct 2023, 15:29
The Secretaries: In SIMCITY 3000 the secretaries have their own personality and have a lot of say in their decisions, I think this is an interesting concept and one that ended up being lost over time, even in the most current games of the genre.

The Sims/People: In SIMCITY 3000, the sims themselves sent you proposals for laws, being very active as a community. This makes me think that in a city concept this makes the game much more realistic precisely because you know that in your city there are people with different opinions and they express them to promote changes in cities.
I played SC3000 very long time (and ago) and I say following: both (secretaries and people) were interesting, but also very bothering. And why bothering? Because they were not satisfied with anything at all. And various laws (smoking ban, smoke detectors and many other) were only minor part of their problem.

Much greater part of their problem was that it was very hard (well, almost impossible) to fulfill their demands in high tech industry or so. And messages from them were very frequent. So, I don't need them here.

But well, let's say I would like better to see better zones diversity than light/dense res/com/ind. For example, factories would be zoned by type (food, chemistry, high-tech, mines or so).
The Sims/People (2): Still talking about Sims, in SIMCITY4 they had greater integration with everyday life, for example, you could choose a sim to follow your day-to-day life, so he would talk about the problems in your neighborhood such as lack of policing or poor health, low level of education, etc.
Interaction between neighboring cities: I think there could be exchanges far beyond providing energy or water to your neighbor :)
Interaction between neighboring cities: It was quite good in SC3000, where it was simple, but not perfect. It was simplier to buy some supplies than to sell them.
Lot-based zoning system: I think this is not a new idea, but it would be interesting to better organize buildings such as farms, for example. Sometimes I zone an agricultural zone and it is disconnected because another farm soon appears next to it. This doesn't make much sense considering that farms generally have a large area of ​​land with crops, etc.
Well, I am not sure what you think but perhaps you mean buildings without fields. Yes, it is very strange. But when I take system of SC3000 where it was very hard to provide farms and almost impossible to keep them, this is not good situation, but it could be worse. Isolated farm zones (like in SC4) are splendid.
Scenarios/ Story Mode: I think it would be interesting as an option for players, events like the Olympics, World Cup, etc. You would be in charge of preparing your city for these grandiose events.
I have never played them and I don't see their missing here as a problem.

RussianCity
Settler
Reactions:

Post by RussianCity »

I think it would be a great idea to add a zone as in which there will be both commerce and residence at the same time, I think this would solve many people's problems! :bc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Suggestions”