A dutch Guy
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Plugin Creator

Platform

33 Thomas Street

Post by A dutch Guy »

Mine - This is my plugin, don't reuse any contents of it without my explicit permission.
preview_highres.PNG
download:
33 Thomas Street.zip
(484.29 KiB) Downloaded 613 times
33 Thomas Street is a 170 meter (or 550 foot) tall and mysterious skyscraper in New York City located at, well you guessed it, 33 Thomas Street.
This isn't just any regular skyscraper though as it has no windows at all. But why would anyone design a skycraper with no windows?
For one its highly impractical and it just looks really ugly. It looks like a headquarters for a supervillan or a evil 1984/Brave New World style dictator.
So why was this building designed the way it is?
Many years ago in the early days of the telephone if you wanted to call someone an employee of the phone company had to manually switch the phone lines to the person you had to call.
This so called telephone exchange happened at so switching stations. These stations were vital for communications, especially during emergencies.
The last thing anyone wanted was for the phone lines to stop working so nobody could call 911 during desperate times.
So thats where the design of 33 Thomas Street comes from. The tower was designed to be able to withstand any number of disasters and emergencies including even a nuclear explosion.
Thats why it has no windows and is made of very thick walls and floors of massive concrete.
And you see those big dark holes on the sides of the tower? those are to regulate the temperature inside the building because it would otherwise be very hot inside. you know, on account of there being no windows.
Those holes are basically giant air conditioning vents.
At this current time it is still used as a phone line hub and is owned by the phone company AT&T.
But is that all there is to it? I mean a building that looks like that must have some dark secret right?
Well as it turns out it does.
For a long time there was a rumour that the NSA would have a secret mass surveillance hub somewhere on the east coast, called codename TITANPOINTE.
And through leaked classified documents leaked by famous whistleblower Edward Snowden people came upon a number of clues as to where this TITANPOINTE may be located.
One document for instance confirmed that Titanpointe would be in New York City. Another mentioned that in order to get to TITANPOINTE one has to first go to the FBI headquarters.
As it so happens the FBI HQ in New york is one block away from 33 Thomas Street.
And finally another document mentioning TITANPOINTE also mentioned the codename the CIA uses for the company AT&T, which is as I prevouisly stated the current owner of the Thomas Street tower.
You put those three clues together and you have essentially confirmed that TITANPOINTE must be inside 33 Thomas Street.

Well anyway sorry for my long ramblings.

So now some practical information about the plugin itself:
The tower sits on a 6x6 tile and its a level TTT commercial building.
And to somewhat simulate the NSA moving in it also has a police influence.

Oh and please don't ask for night animations for this one because like I said it has no windows. It just doesn't light up at night. Even in real life it just stands there like a dark monolith among the many lights of the New york Skyline.
Last edited by A dutch Guy on 03 Jul 2022, 22:39, edited 1 time in total.

Naufhal
Inhabitant of a Supercluster
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: 33 Thomas Street

Post by Naufhal »

Nice Plugin @A dutch Guy! :)

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

#IMHO33

Code: Select all

"max count":1, // or 2
should be added since it is a very specialized building.

Keith ward
Small-town resident
Reactions:

Post by Keith ward »

impressive

A dutch Guy
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by A dutch Guy »

CommanderABab wrote:
05 Jun 2022, 12:35
#IMHO33

Code: Select all

"max count":1, // or 2
should be added since it is a very specialized building.
Yes I get that but I don't want to restrict people. If someone wants to place more than 1 or 2 on their map for whatever reason I want them to be able to do so, even if it wouldn't make sense gameplay/realism wise.

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

Yes, but in reality modes (where we don't place the RCI in general), these big buildings pop up all over the place if the inhabitants are happy.

TheOfficialLSC
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by TheOfficialLSC »

I like this Plugin! Sounds more detailing!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commercial”