3 World Trade Center (pre-2001) ((unrecommended version))

For award for special buildings

Moderator: Plugin Moderators

WarshipPro987
Townsman
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Platform

3 World Trade Center (pre-2001) ((unrecommended version))

Post by WarshipPro987 »

Hello friends! This is my first public plugin that I hope you all can enjoy. It is modeled after Manhattan's late 3 World Trade Center. Enjoy!

There are some major setbacks with the nature of this plugin, however. They are as follows:

The json dictates that the height and width of the structure are both 2, I suggest that it is kept that way, even if it means that the building can be placed over others. This flaw is not an easy, or even a fixable issue because of the buildings design and the way the json works, the 3 WTC's height and width should be different numbers but the json does not allow for this. Also it would not be fitting if I filled the space in so it could be even because then the whole purpose of this building would be defeated, which is to allow them to fit inbetween the twin towers. So either way its gonna be a bit buggy.

Now that we got that out of the way, I would love to hear from you guys and your thoughts on the plugin, how good does the sprite look, should I do 4,5,6 and 7 WTC, etc... also let me know if you cannot get the plugin to work right for you, but I have images of it doing ok on my device. My plans are to finish the old WTC for TheoTown, and as I look through this forum I can see many want that to happen, so I will try my best :)

After this I plan to do more Lower Manhattan buildings like 32 old slip and 17 state street.

Attatched will be the json coding, building sprite and a n image showing it working in my application. This building has been a rough ride lol, 2nd day up and already had to rework it, once again i hope you guys enjoy! :D :) :bf

ATTENTION: PLEASE CONSIDER THIS PLUGIN TO REPLACE THIS ONE:
https://theotown.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 95#p118095
Attachments
The WTC 3 inbetween the Twins, bear in mind that this plugin was made specifcally for the default view and will not look right when altered....
The WTC 3 inbetween the Twins, bear in mind that this plugin was made specifcally for the default view and will not look right when altered....
WTC3.json
(419 Bytes) Downloaded 826 times
WorldTrade3.png
WorldTrade3.png (3.16 KiB) Viewed 6331 times
Last edited by WarshipPro987 on 26 Aug 2018, 00:00, edited 7 times in total.

LumpRee
Inhabitant of a Megacity
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Platform

Re: 3 World Trade Center (pre-2001)

Post by LumpRee »

This is just the Json meaning we can't add it in game..

_Rock Fort_
Inhabitant of a Country
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by _Rock Fort_ »

WarshipPro987 wrote:
16 Aug 2018, 19:56
Hello friends! This is my first public plugin that I hope you all can enjoy. It is modeled after Manhattan's late 3 World Trade Center. Enjoy!
Hello , the plugin cannot work .The plugin doesn't respect the size of the tiles .
I highly recommand you to read / watch tutorials about it . Check how others plugin are made . Otherwise , good Idea :)

WarshipPro987
Townsman
Reactions:

Platform

Post by WarshipPro987 »

I did not realize, I will strive to rework the plugin within the coming days and fix it

WarshipPro987
Townsman
Reactions:

Platform

Post by WarshipPro987 »

WarshipPro987 wrote:
16 Aug 2018, 19:56

There are some major setbacks with the nature of this plugin, however. They are as follows:

The json dictates that the height and width of the structure are both 2, I suggest that it is kept that way, even if it means that the building can be placed over others. This flaw is not an easy, or even a fixable issue because of the buildings design and the way the json works, the 3 WTC's height and width should be different numbers but the json does not allow for this. Also it would not be fitting if I filled the space in so it could be even because then the whole purpose of this building would be defeated, which is to allow them to fit inbetween the twin towers. So either way its gonna be a bit buggy.

Now that we got that out of the way, I would love to hear from you guys and your thoughts on the plugin, how good does the sprite look, should I do 4,5,6 and 7 WTC, etc... also let me know if you cannot get the plugin to work right for you, but I have images of it doing ok on my device. My plans are to finish the old WTC for TheoTown, and as I look through this forum I can see many want that to happen, so I will try my best :)

After this I plan to do more Lower Manhattan buildings like 32 old slip and 17 state street.

Attatched will be the json coding, building sprite and a n image showing it working in my application. This building has been a rough ride lol, 3rd day up and already had to rework it, once again i hope you guys enjoy! :D :) :bf
I would also like to say that the rest of the World Trade complex will work alot smoother than this building, and will most likely be able to avoid the setback that has plagued this one (lol)
Last edited by WarshipPro987 on 21 Aug 2018, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.

soumya-8974
TheoTown Veteran in Pension
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by soumya-8974 »

Another frikin' bug!

WarshipPro987
Townsman
Reactions:

Platform

Post by WarshipPro987 »

soumya-8974 wrote:
17 Aug 2018, 19:58
Another frikin' bug!
As I have foretold, I cannot fix this bug without creating more, even worse ones. The only fix is to move it away from 1 WTC so that it does not overlap it... my apologies

Glo_denPineswood
Settler
Reactions:

Re: 3 World Trade Center (pre-2001) ((unrecommended version))

Post by Glo_denPineswood »

There is only one problem that is No Zip File.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Award and Special”