Residential Plugins

Moderator: Plugin Moderators

Forum rules
For Residential plug-ins
cesareborgia94
Reactions:

Rural Housing Pack

Post by cesareborgia94 »

Credit - Contents of this plugin may only be reused if you give credit to the author.
Hi, I have a present for you all this December.
rural.png
I present to you, folks, Rural Housing. Now you can build homes for the villagers in rural areas. Rural homes can house from one to five villagers depending on the type.

There are housings that can only house one villager, guess he is a loner and some housings can house two, four or five villagers.

Advantages of rural housing:
1. Does not need roads. Hence you can place them on any ground types you want without a road connection similar to rural villages in real life.
2. No electricity needed. Most of the rural villages are used to a traditional lifestyle and would want to keep it their it their way.
3.Build is auto false. The rural housing will not build itself as to not impede the building of other level 1 houses. This means that you have more control in placing your rural houses.

Disadvantages:
1.Low population density. Rural villages are unsuitable if you want a booming population. If you want to control the population you can use rural housing to do it.
2. Some rural houses still needs water, except for leantos and woodhuts. Means you need a clean water supply for those houses.
rural2.png
Types of rural housing
1.Leantos- Colorful roof, fast made shelter but can only house a lonely guy. Lonely people works as lumberjack or hunter in the rural community.
2.Woodhuts- Rural house made of planks and wood, can only house two people
3.Shanty house- Big brother of woodhut.
4.Bomb ruins- A remnant of some old war, some villagers still choose to live inside it.
5.Skumole-A place for reformed criminals, inspiration from Skumole Shack in GTA VC.
6.Stonehut- A medieval stone hut, probably houses a wizard family or a group of farmers.
7.SHC hovels- Replica of hovels from Stronghold Crusader that will house some peasants.
8.Wood resind- Two villagers and three workers. This is just a test to see if workers can fit in a residential type.

This rural housing pack also includes pedestrian spawners. Pedestrian spawners use the woodhut and hovel texture. Also, I want to give credit to @KINGTUT10101 for the json code on pedestrians, since I used his code to experiment with my own residential pedestrian spawner.

Download rural housing pack here:
ruralhousing.zip
(57.39 KiB) Downloaded 852 times
Again, feel free to try my plugin. I hope you guys have fun with it. Also Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all Theonians.
Last edited by cesareborgia94 on 25 Jan 2018, 21:04, edited 2 times in total.

cesareborgia94
Reactions:

Re: Rural Housing Pack

Post by cesareborgia94 »

Hi, an update for this plugin pack.
I have reedited the .json file and reduced the building time, and deleted the autobuild: false so your it builds automatically. This is easy mode for you. If you have downloaded the original zip file above, just replace the folder with this new one.
Thank you and have a nice day building rural villages.
rural json fast and autobuild false.zip
(58.8 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
Next update: probably underground bunker shelter or somewhat, no fixed date for completion. Anyway have fun and enjoy the plugin.

cesareborgia94
Reactions:

Post by cesareborgia94 »

former member wrote:
04 Dec 2017, 17:14
I suggest you to make it a custom zone.
So we don't have to place them manually.
Sorry m8 but i don't know how to make custom zones. Maybe you can teach me how to make one? ;) I would really want a custom zoning for rural houses.

If you don't want or don't like to place the rural housing manually, you can download the updated version of my pack that has auto build: false removed, that way when you build residential zone it will build automaticaly.
Othewise, place the building manually. B)

cesareborgia94
Reactions:

Post by cesareborgia94 »

KoalaGuy wrote:
04 Dec 2017, 18:24
I think I can make something quickly if @cesareborgia94 agrees :)

Btw, those remind me of Ceasar III
Some buildings in my pack, are inspired from Stronghold Crusader. The hovels are replicated after the hovels in the game.

About the custom zones for my pack.
Lets just keep it simple.
I don't know if I want to turn my rural packs as a custom zone. I think it is fine as a residential zone as it is.

If you want to use it as a custom zone, I don't know whether it will be a rural residential zone or what? But I am curious about what kind of custom zone will fit in for my rural style ancient buildings? Decorations? Parks?

cesareborgia94
Reactions:

Post by cesareborgia94 »

:!:
KoalaGuy wrote:
04 Dec 2017, 18:37
*counts diamonds* if i send one here--Tutorial? NEVER! *cough cough* maybe soon if I find time :space
Depends on you man if you want to make a tutorial. Also I am poor. If only I can transfer TT diamonds to you... :cry:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Residential”