Politics

Share your ideas about possible future content here.
atjacobmajor
Settler
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Politics

Post by atjacobmajor »

I recently had the idea of adding a sort of political system to TheoTown. However I believe implanting such a thing would be impossible as just a json :json plugin. (Please prove me wrong if you can, but it seems waaayyy to complex.)

That is why I am suggesting it to the dev, Lobby, in case they would be at one point interested in implanting such a thing to TheoTown.

Here's a rundown of some ideas I have:
  • You select the gamemode while creating a city
  • You would start the game as a newly elected mayor, associated with a random party (which is just a name, of no importance really)
  • You would have to expand the town and deal with possible issues such as disasters, riots, or possible conspiracies from opposing candidates.
  • During your term you would be able to view what percentage of people approve of your party (you) and others, from the three different classes; T, TT, and TTT.EX:Image
  • Different scenarios would happen during your term which would boost or lower the publics' opinion of you. They could be dependent on something you do (EX: Image Then, assuming you picked the middle one: Image OR EX: "Your party's president has won the national elections, +5% support from all." Or: Image
  • Towards the end of your term, it'd be a race to win the next election. You'd have to do things like pay for advertising, make opponents look bad, etc. In the end the votes would be tallied up, and, duh, the person with the most would win. EX: Image
  • However, some things could happen before the election to spin it in another direction, EX: Image OR Image
  • Also, while you're out of office you can try to turn the people against the current mayor, perhaps even to the point of impeachment. You could engage in Conspiracies, in order to make the mayor look bad. For example; Causing Riots, 'accidental' fires and flooding, or delivering bribing media or government workers to go against the mayor. Of course, there would/could be many other ways to lower the current mayor's approval rating. Riots: ImageImage
Overall, it's a huuggee idea, and I understand the chances of it getting implemented are extremely unlikely. However, I decided that since I made concept art for it, and that, at least to me, it was an extremely interesting idea, it was worth a shot. You know, just in case. Thanks! Please leave your thoughts in the 'comments'!

Mg3094066
Inhabitant of a Supercluster
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: Politics

Post by Mg3094066 »

Yep i left out of batery

cesareborgia94
Reactions:

Post by cesareborgia94 »

I just want to build cities, not playing a political simulator inside a city building game. Sorry, I don't think this idea is feasible but who knows what the developer might think?

AwkwrdPrtMskrt
Metropolitan
Reactions:

Platform

Post by AwkwrdPrtMskrt »

No thanks. TheoTown is a city simulator first and foremost, not a political simulator.

khadafi laidi
Inhabitant of a Planet
Reactions:

Platform

Post by khadafi laidi »

I don't like this idea. But this good for boost non-sandbox gamemode

-LeoLeo-
Inhabitant of a Solar System
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by -LeoLeo- »

I know a city building game on PC that focus on politics. Kinda exactly like this...

But politic build and god build don't really go well together as far as I've watch the video of that game. TOTALLY different game mechanic.

I like the idea, but out could almost be a brand new game on It's own. :)

Wekabu city
Inhabitant of a Megalopolis
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Wekabu city »

I like the idea, but it would destroy TT and there would be a massive gameplay change

Josh
Graphic designer
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Josh »

The idea is too different. You better make a new politic game

BetterBear
Inhabitant of a Galaxy Cluster
Reactions:

Platform

Post by BetterBear »

A BIG no! :bx
It will totally change the game. In fact, maybe it will not be even a city-building game anymore after this.

Hadestia
Inhabitant of a Megalopolis
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Hadestia »

my answer is NO

atjacobmajor
Settler
Reactions:

Post by atjacobmajor »

Glad to see you all like my idea! All jokes aside, I'm glad people took the time to look it over : ) I still think it's an amazing idea, but I can see how someone wouldn't be super happy with it because of how it wouldn't fit with TheoTown's theme.. Of course it would be 100% optional, but, still. However @-LeoLeo- what game is that? I'd love to play it!

-LeoLeo-
Inhabitant of a Solar System
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by -LeoLeo- »

atjacobmajor wrote:
05 Jan 2018, 05:12
However @-LeoLeo- what game is that? I'd love to play it!
It's called Urban Empire. I've forgot the name so I just youtubed it again, XD

This is the one I watched herehttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=89H99CaRQsg., maybe watch some gameplay before buying it. But I think you're gonna really like it!😄

KINGTUT10101
1,000,000 inhabitants
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by KINGTUT10101 »

I like the idea, but I think a lot of it would need changing to properly fit into TheoTown. My favorite part about the idea was the scenarios you could get yourself into and how there was multiple options.

yusuf8a684
Reactions:

Post by yusuf8a684 »

İ want it and it can be a mod for theotown too

Pear101
Townsman
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Pear101 »

Would be cool to see something like that added in future as an option, an extra mode, to "add" to easy-middle-hard.
I mean, you, theotown would have something more for players who want a different challenge added to the classic gameplay.
However, the developer surely has much work to do so that couldn't be on the top of the game future plans.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Suggestions”