A suggestion for roads

Plug-in related stuff can be discussed here.

Moderator: Plugin Moderators

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

A suggestion for roads

Post by CommanderABab »

Please don't override the ids for in game roads unless you keep all present functionality in addition to your contributions. It's annoying to lose bridges, tunnels, and existing connections for the sake of say diagonal roads. :/

Theocar123
Villager
Reactions:

Re: A suggestion for roads

Post by Theocar123 »

I am thinking that you should make a realistic road pack. What do I mean you should make a one lane ramp to let cars let on the interstate realisticly and make different type of interstates with more than just two lane. Like four or five lanes to make a down town city have a good look. Also you can make cool realistic alley ways or realistic American roads with those traffic light that hang over the road. If you do not live in the U.S. then I guess you could look it up but thats it and maybe make the bri bridges for this plug-in look nice and realistic . Also I am young like jr high young and I may not respond back to you but I will check to make sure if you responded nack

Theocar123
Villager
Reactions:

Post by Theocar123 »

Also you can have Diagonal Road it's realistic to

KINGTUT10101
1,000,000 inhabitants
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by KINGTUT10101 »

CommanderABab wrote:
12 Dec 2018, 21:16
Please don't override the ids for in game roads unless you keep all present functionality in addition to your contributions. It's annoying to lose bridges, tunnels, and existing connections for the sake of say diagonal roads. :/
I was suggesting a sort of similar thing in the discord. I said it would be very convenient if we could apply or change certain tags of a building (or road) without having to override it so you can keep all of its original attributes while also adding new ones or changing current ones.

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

Theocar123 wrote:
12 Dec 2018, 23:18
I am thinking that you should make a realistic road pack. What do I mean you should make a one lane ramp to let cars let on the interstate realisticly and make different type of interstates with more than just two lane. Like four or five lanes to make a down town city have a good look. Also you can make cool realistic alley ways or realistic American roads with those traffic light that hang over the road. If you do not live in the U.S. then I guess you could look it up but thats it and maybe make the bri bridges for this plug-in look nice and realistic . Also I am young like jr high young and I may not respond back to you but I will check to make sure if you responded nack
It is possible to make a one lane one way road behave that way within the current system, but it is not feasible grapically to represent it as one lane.

Lobby has experimented with this.

Theocar123
Villager
Reactions:

Post by Theocar123 »

So it would be imposable to set it toware the cars will go on one lane. Well thats ok

Theocar123
Villager
Reactions:

Post by Theocar123 »

So I have a question? I am wandering have you started on this plug-in and if you have when do you think you will release this plug-in not trying to rush you

Lobby
Developer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Lobby »

KINGTUT10101 wrote:
13 Dec 2018, 00:59
I was suggesting a sort of similar thing in the discord. I said it would be very convenient if we could apply or change certain tags of a building (or road) without having to override it so you can keep all of its original attributes while also adding new ones or changing current ones.
I tried to add something like that. But it does only work for simple attributes whose default value doesn't depend on other attributes. To try it out use

Code: Select all

"inherit":true
instead of "override":true ("type" is still a required attribute). I hope the implementation didn't break something else.

In general I think it's better if plugins don't change the behavior of built-in objects to prevent conflicts with changes and other plugins.

imajoke
Inhabitant of a Conurbation
Reactions:

Post by imajoke »

CommanderABab wrote:
13 Dec 2018, 01:05
Theocar123 wrote:
12 Dec 2018, 23:18
It is possible to make a one lane one way road behave that way within the current system, but it is not feasible grapically to represent it as one lane.

Lobby has experimented with this.
look at Kingtut's alley, it only shows one lane... u still think it cant look like one lane?

imajoke
Inhabitant of a Conurbation
Reactions:

Post by imajoke »

Theocar123 wrote:
13 Dec 2018, 02:51
So it would be imposable to set it toware the cars will go on one lane. Well thats ok
no, its possible, it just takes a lot of code and messing with the A.I. paths and other stuff...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Plug-In Discussion”