How would you make a ground tile?

Plug-in related stuff can be discussed here.

Moderator: Plugin Moderators

resimuschaste
Townsman
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Platform

How would you make a ground tile?

Post by resimuschaste »

I want to make a placable Mars dirt tile, that acts like the standard ground texture..that would then be able to have buildings put on top of them. The buildings are transparent because I hoped to only make one 'ground tile' for the whole theme. I tried looking for a tutorial or any mention of this...couldn't find one so I'm asking here.

cesareborgia94
Reactions:

Re: How would you make a ground tile?

Post by cesareborgia94 »

1063_2x2_template_1.png
1063_2x2_template_1.png (347 Bytes) Viewed 1836 times
1063_1x1_template_1.png
1063_1x1_template_1.png (206 Bytes) Viewed 1836 times
Have fun creating ground templates :)

resimuschaste
Townsman
Reactions:

Platform

Post by resimuschaste »

I mean the json code to make it able to have buildings placed on it. It's hard to explain I know.

cesareborgia94
Reactions:

Post by cesareborgia94 »

Do you mean making a zone-based ground tile or decal-based ground tiles? Zone-based allow for building to build on them while decal-based allow for you to first place the building (condition: draw ground is true) then replace the ground with a decal. What I assume is you want to place a ground tile with a building on it?

resimuschaste
Townsman
Reactions:

Platform

Post by resimuschaste »

Just looking for a way to make my Mars dirt tile fill In the extra space in my transparent housing pod building 1x1s, as well as being able to be placed across the entire map. I apologize if this message seems a nuisance, or if I seem to not get the point heh.

cesareborgia94
Reactions:

Post by cesareborgia94 »

You could do decals for that, you could use Josh decals as a reference in making jsons for this.
The decals work as ground and replace (although manually) the ground on a building (that has the draw:true and transparent ground on it).
You could make your transparent space pod and then place martian ground decal on it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Plug-In Discussion”