How to create building textures for plug-ins?

Plug-in related stuff can be discussed here.

Moderator: Plugin Moderators

YoMoney
Settler
Reactions:

How to create building textures for plug-ins?

Post by YoMoney »

I have read the manual on how to create a building texture.
But something was on my mind, What if your texture editor like Pixly don't have the color pipette option. How to make your buildings blend in with the other TheoTown buildings?

mdk_813
Inhabitant of a Country
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Platform

Re: How to create building textures for plug-ins?

Post by mdk_813 »

Well, as far as I know, pixly does have a an eye-dropper tool (pipette) for picking up colors. It is this blue and black "stick" in the tool menu.
You can use it to pick up colors.

There are basically to things to observe in order to make your building blend in with other buildings as far as coloring is concerned:
Don't use colors that are overly saturated, use more muted colors instead. And don't use dark outlines. Outlines are okay for constructing your image but you should get rid of them during the painting process.

YoMoney
Settler
Reactions:

Re: How to create building textures for plug-ins?

Post by YoMoney »

mdk_813 wrote:
19 Nov 2017, 20:18
Well, as far as I know, pixly does have a an eye-dropper tool (pipette) for picking up colors. It is this blue and black "stick" in the tool menu.
You can use it to pick up colors.

There are basically to things to observe in order to make your building blend in with other buildings as far as coloring is concerned:
Don't use colors that are overly saturated, use more muted colors instead. And don't use dark outlines. Outlines are okay for constructing your image but you should get rid of them during the painting process.
Thx

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Plug-In Discussion”