Replacing default building artwork with my own creations

Plug-in related stuff can be discussed here.

Moderator: Plugin Moderators

AwkwrdPrtMskrt
Metropolitan
Reactions:

Platform

Replacing default building artwork with my own creations

Post by AwkwrdPrtMskrt »

Hi guys,

Just wondering, is it okay if I replace the default building artwork in game with buildings that I made myself? I promise the buildings are all designed by me, and I will only apply it to my copy of the game (unless you actually like it, then I'll put it up here for download).

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: Replacing default building artwork with my own creations

Post by CommanderABab »

To change the graphics of an ingame building with a plugin, you need to do a few things to maintain the buildiņg's functionality.

1. You need the building's current id. You can find this in the build menu when you have debug mode enabled in the settings.

2. You need to note it's price, capacity, function, and with RCI buildings, their power and water usage. Also its tile footprint should remain the same if you already have some on your maps. Build one in an isolated area on a map to note its influence(s).

3. Use

Code: Select all

"id:$thatbuildingid", "override":true"
in your plugin.

4. Some buildings that probably or currently cannot be made into plugins with full fuctionality are the rail station, the bus depot, the Gillender building, (SWAT, premium fire station because of the helicopters), etc.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Plug-In Discussion”