Game crashes and low FPS

Do you have any issues? Don't hesitate to tell us about it.
notherdimension100
Settler
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Game crashes and low FPS

Post by notherdimension100 »

Recently I have been experiencing a lot of crashes on my HTC Desire 626. On my largest map, the game is normally around 15-20 FPS, which I don't mind, but it stops the game if I:
-build a specific area or building
-spawn large areas
-zoom out to the maximum ( the FPS just dies when I do it XD)
-build a long line of pipe
There's some more crashes here or there, but it's a great game overall, and it runs fine on smaller maps. I think it a problem on my end, not having enough power to handle it all. I suggest to optimize the larger maps or maybe have a setting to turn down the graphics a bit (I think there is such a thing but I can't remember). You guys keep up the amazing work, and have a good day.

P.S- The new UI works better and more efficiently. I also like how you added the animations when you open a menu :)

Lobby
Developer
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Platform

Re: Game crashes and low FPS

Post by Lobby »

Trust me, I put a lot of effort into optimizing the game for devices with lower hardware specifications. However, at a certain point it becomes really difficult to improve it any further and I'm afraid we reached that point (some years ago it was possible to double performance by using an own graphic engine that's highly optimized for what's needed by the game).

I suggest to play on smaller maps if it crashes on bigger ones. It's probably related to insufficient RAM but I cannot reduce memory consumption further (graphics aren't stored in this memory, so changing it wouldn't make a difference here) as the information about your city HAS to be in memory while playing the city. After all, some years ago bigger maps weren't even offered for performance and memory reasons :lol:

Thank you. The new toolbar is actually way more faster than the old one (which took a second to just build up on some devices).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Problems and Errors (bugs)”