✅Crashes on Startup [Solved]

Do you have any issues? Don't hesitate to tell us about it.
Stuckenborstelite
Settler
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

✅Crashes on Startup [Solved]

Post by Stuckenborstelite »

I'll try to explain as much as I can.
It's just a simple crash right at startup. I've tried it many times, the crash comes probably around 10-20 seconds into starting the app. One time it loaded for several minutes then baited me with the crash. It started a few days ago, almost suddenly really. I have sent a few reports from the phone already, after trying different options. I have tried multiple reboots, deleted most of my apps, cleared the memory via the RAM manager (which is supposed to include any "inactive and background processes and ongoing application functions"), individually force stopped my apps and cleared their caches, as well as cleared the phone's cache partition through the safe mode.
I tried turning it on/off because of reading that some found the solution randomly fixed after multiple reboots.
I have even tried chilling my phone as I was reading elsewhere here how the phone's temperature might impact its performance, and to try TT when the phone is nice and cool.

Galaxy S3. I know it's an old phone but there haven't been any problems up until this point. If anyone is willing and able to help me it would be much appreciated. :)

Something worth noting is I was still running on the last version before this update (first report was sent on previous version). Naturally I thought that of course was the problem and immediately updated the app, finding to my dismay that the crash still happens just on the new Flowersoft loading screen. It's this fact that nothing has changed between updates that makes me think it's probably something on my end rather than TT's, but as I have exhausted all of the known options that I can think of, I'm not really sure what else to make of it at this point.

And that's how you and I met here.

So again, if anybody is able to help me with this it would be much appreciated. I've been a fan of TT for a long time. It's a calm place of zoning out for me, and I'd really like to get my ancient city back 8-) especially with the potential of subways coming at some point!

Thanks again! And kudos for having a great site like this up :space
Last edited by Stuckenborstelite on 14 Jan 2018, 06:44, edited 1 time in total.

JustAnyone
Developer
Reactions:

Platform

Re: Crashes on Startup

Post by JustAnyone »

Did you remove any plugins in the progress? That may have corrupted your city.

TheOracle
Inhabitant of a Supercluster
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Platform

Post by TheOracle »

I have a way worse phone than yours and I do not crash for some reason.

Stuckenborstelite
Settler
Reactions:

Have never tried any plugins, sorry should have mentioned that in the op.
I haven't tried to reinstall yet, pretty much because of the worry of a loss, but if you're saying I won't lose the maps then I will probably try it right now tbh. Google Play would log in at the top every time I played so the diamonds should be there, and if they aren't, it's totally worth it to get the game back.
Thanks for the help, I should have realized the maps would stay but I just wasn't sure and didn't want to take the chance. Will be back shortly with the results of a simple reinstall.

Stuckenborstelite
Settler
Reactions:

So I just did it
and it started up flawlessly.. arguably better than before O_o
Thank you all for taking the time to help, I feel a bit silly for not thinking that could fix the crashing, but I honestly didn't.
Really not sure what would have caused it so abruptly. I doubt it's even update related since I was playing the game up until a few days ago while still on the previous version.
Oh well. My phone needed a good cleaning anyway :lol:
Relieved it's solved and I know now to try a reinstall first should there be any problems in the future. All the best to everyone!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Problems and Errors (bugs)”