✅Crash

Do you have any issues? Don't hesitate to tell us about it.
resimuschaste
Townsman
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Platform

✅Crash

Post by resimuschaste »

So here's my big olde story, mind me I'm really mad right now so don't mind if I rant a bit. Be me alright? One day I decide to play theotown for the first time in a few weeks, update the beta...go in and it crashes automatically . Alright I'll wait a few updates, so I wait two or three before sending a feedback report on the beta page of playstore. Two more go by with me sending requests for my unknown bug to be fixed, I understand with 1M downloads it is hard to find that one email feedback on playstore. So I wait another one or two, and I delete Google play games after noticing it caused another game to lag, maybe this situation the reason, turns out it helped with the crashes, but today an update comes out, and the crashes speed up to every time I open it it crashes again automatically , I delete theotown and reinstall it, Google play games was still on my device after having all feature packs but the new China buildings , ten minutes triple time speed and 17 gems left I believe though probably less gems for all I know since I did rush one building on a medium mode map, problem here is I've reinstalled Google play games after being chocked that it didn't stay on my Google play account already, and now I'm looking at months of tapping daily gift again to get back where I was if I can't get this fixed, I tried emailing the dev this morning on top of a few other things....can someone here tell me what may be wrong? I saw a post from a week ago with a problem on features returning as well yet mine differs via me deleting play games, someone seriously help me if you can...I'm hoping there is a way around this other than delete the game and forget about it or spending months tapping on gift boxes (not being rude but I am one poor individual...I couldn't afford to buy them with cash the first time...these days I really can't!)
Last edited by resimuschaste on 08 Jan 2018, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.

resimuschaste
Townsman
Reactions:

Platform

Re: Title too long :/

Post by resimuschaste »

And another thing is I know it seems odd I didn't report here at first yet I figured Google+ discord and the playstore feedback was plenty enough for my bug report and problem. Didn't know the best way was to do it here until kingtut told me on Google+ that this was the best place to go....soooo I'm giving it a shot. And I hope I can get this fixed, I don't know how to provide proof, yet if there's a way I could get my feature packs back I will do whatever needs be to prove I had them initially.

KINGTUT10101
1,000,000 inhabitants
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by KINGTUT10101 »

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

The best way to report crashes is with the send feedback box bug report upon the crash. That gives Lobby some idea of where it is in the game.

Other useful information includes: are you using plugins? Were the maps in regions or standalone?

I have very many maps in my maps folder. It sometimes takes four restarts with a new version to get one opened. I sometimes forget that you have to wait for all the map previews and map sizes to open before clicking on the map to open it. Otherwise, automatic crash due to too much memory being used.

Wekabu city
Inhabitant of a Megalopolis
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: It's been seven updates, the problem was Google play games. I deleted it then deleted TheoTown after a few more cra

Post by Wekabu city »

You're just repeating the whole sentence over and over again.
I really didn't understand what went wrong.

resimuschaste
Townsman
Reactions:

Platform

Re: It's been seven updates, the problem was Google play games. I deleted it then deleted TheoTown after a few more cra

Post by resimuschaste »

I tried to many times for it to be getting started a few times and the crashes stop, more like 8-10 times each update to see if I couldn't just somehow get a good startup and the bug not happen for once. Less than 5K citizens, standalone map no map above 5K , Plugins yes yet I removed them all and tried without them, still nothing so I reinstalled them all, and oddly enough when it crashes there was no bug feedback option or crash send option, it simply crashes and stayed open in tabs view but rebooted and crashes again until my phone had to restart itself each time. Worst part of all is I tried reinstalling Google play games....still my feature packs aren't back. I've given it about three hours considering what lobby said on the last topic I saw concerning a problem with getting features back on a reinstall....it was on my phone all the way up until right before I deleted TheoTown , where I deleted it to try to see if it helped bugs, it did but still crashes a lot, then I updated TheoTown and it still bugged and we'll I deleted TheoTown then and reinstalled. But I don't have any of the problems lobby asked about in the last topic I saw of this, and I've also tried seeing on other error report posts about if it's maybe my internet or something but from what I can tell it isn't based on my speeds, I was even connected to a 50mbps wifi speed today.....

Wekabu city
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Wekabu city »

Try to disconnect from internet completely.
I've got the same kind of crash when TT fails too generate a big map/region.
Probably there's not enough RAM.

resimuschaste
Townsman
Reactions:

Platform

Post by resimuschaste »

Well 2.5GB ram if I'm correct about this phone, no lag on the map, if it's the map size (Huge) I'll try going down one. But I've still got no features back, I tried the restart your phone trick, and I have tried the data on and off trick, both didn't do anything for me....

Wekabu city
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Wekabu city »

When does it crash?
When loading?
And what's your free space (memory)?

Wekabu city
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Wekabu city »

Or does it work and you just want your iaps back?

Lancer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Lancer »

i have 1.7 gb ram and its fine.

resimuschaste
Townsman
Reactions:

Platform

Post by resimuschaste »

Now its running pretty smoothly, even the map that I was using which had the lag at the time, so I've been really focusing on my IAPs, I mean I've tried all I could do from looking at other posts from the forums..

Lobby
Developer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Lobby »

Basic question: What hardware (ZTE Max Duo?) and which version of Android are you using?

If you don't see a dialog to send crash reports it might mean that Google sends it automatically. That means that it's probably a bug I cannot fix as it doesn't happen within TheoTown code (or is an out of memory problem). In any case, I need more information to help you.

resimuschaste
Townsman
Reactions:

Platform

Post by resimuschaste »

Yes ZTE Max Duo, Android 5.1.1, and I did use Google play games, I'm just trying to figure out how I can get my IAPs back at this point because Google play games didn't restore them. I don't know how to supply the proof I had them, I mean name it and I'll try to do it for you to show, but they didn't get restored and I did have Google play games and it was connected and enabled to TheoTown as well as the internet. I mean I could supply a date I took a screenshot of my map with some of the feature packs on it...but I'm doubting that's the level of proof you would want. Anything else I can provide to maybe help the situation a bit?

Wekabu city
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Wekabu city »

So your bug/Problem (I don't mean your iaps)
was fixed in the past?

resimuschaste
Townsman
Reactions:

Platform

Post by resimuschaste »

I've never had to reinstall my iaps....this is the first time I've uninstalled TheoTown , I had it all right from what I understand.........but I take it I'm likely going to in the end be told I am not going to get mine back, not trying to be rude, yet ive got that feeling.

resimuschaste
Townsman
Reactions:

Platform

Title too long :/

Post by resimuschaste »

former member wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 00:01
I feel sorry for you... My friend also lost all his diamonds and expansions
It sucks but I'll be alright, I was just going to try and see if I could get some help with it before i accepted doom 😂. I'm sorry for your friend, it really is depressing to find. But hey at least the crashes stopped

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Problems and Errors (bugs)”