Here we talk about TheoTown in general.
vfabien21
Settler
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

[suggestion] Crime and corruption

Post by vfabien21 »

Hello. Yet another suggestion...

While browsing the forum I stumpled upon this post :Useless hospitals and police

And it got me thinking of a way to make police more interresting : There could be a crime map, which is different from police coverage.

Crime would develop from area with no police coverage, and take a proportion of your building's tax s (corruption money). And the more corruption money, the more would crime grow (more areas on the map covered with higher level of crime. Crime spreads), and thus even more corruption money (and less money for you).

Police stations would reduce crime spread, in the same way as parks reduce pollution.

Also, sending the police on intervention would temporarilly reduce the crime level in the area. For exemple, you don't want to leave that 300 rich people building with high crime. First, send the police to cut corruption money, then building a police station nearby to make such it does not come back.

An associated disaster could be a gang getting installed somewhere, increasing crime level in an area.

KINGTUT10101
1,000,000 inhabitants
Reactions:
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by KINGTUT10101 »

When I said useless I meant that there were no disasters that actually involved the two buildings. I know that there are riots (even though they don't work) but the hospitals still don't have a disaster. Just clearing something up, I know that they will get people to move in.

Ahmad Nur Aizat
TheoTown Veteran
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Ahmad Nur Aizat »

Dude, what do you mean by "Parks reduce pollution" ?

Ahmad Nur Aizat
TheoTown Veteran
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Ahmad Nur Aizat »

Nevermind, now I know why...

Willow41
Settler
Reactions:

Re: [suggestion] Crime and corruption

Post by Willow41 »

This is a fascinating and innovative suggestion for enhancing the dynamics of police functionality in the game. The concept of a crime map, distinct from police coverage, adds a layer of complexity and strategy to gameplay. The idea that crime could develop in areas with no police coverage, siphoning off building taxes as corruption money, creates a compelling challenge for players to manage. The correlation between corruption money and the growth of crime, leading to a feedback loop, is an intriguing twist that introduces a delicate balance players must maintain.

The proposal to have police stations act as a countermeasure to crime spread, akin to how parks reduce pollution, adds realism and depth to city management. The tactical use of sending police on interventions to temporarily reduce crime levels in specific areas aligns with real-world policing strategies. Moreover, the suggestion of associated disasters like gangs settling in and exacerbating crime levels adds an element of unpredictability, keeping players engaged and on their toes.

One aspect to consider is the impact of these dynamics on different neighborhoods within the virtual city. Implementing a system where certain districts face higher crime rates or become the worst neighborhoods in NYC, requiring special attention and strategic planning, could add an additional layer of challenge and realism. Overall, this idea injects strategic decision-making into the management of law enforcement, contributing to a more immersive and dynamic gaming experience. It not only introduces challenges but also offers opportunities for players to strategize and find creative solutions to maintain a harmonious and prosperous virtual city.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Game Discussion”