Bulldoze Fee

Here we talk about TheoTown in general.
22Alpha
Inhabitant of a Conurbation
Reactions:

Platform

Bulldoze Fee

Post by 22Alpha »

Do we have a code for bulldoze pricing? so that I would not always bulldoze for free.

Mg3094066
Inhabitant of a Supercluster
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: Bulldoze Fee

Post by Mg3094066 »

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

KoalaGuy wrote:
06 Oct 2017, 07:41
Money you get from bulldozing is half of building price
Not what he was asking about.

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

He was asking to be charged to bulldoze.

22Alpha
Reactions:

Platform

Post by 22Alpha »

Yeah, that's what I'm asking. Because, it doesn't feel right to bulldoze buildings out of nowhere without their respected values. If there is such code, I'll be needing your help. Thank you very much!

CommanderABab
AB
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by CommanderABab »

It's possibility. Build a building which removes itself but costs whatever you need, to build in place of the bulldozed building.
Last edited by CommanderABab on 06 Oct 2017, 17:21, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Clarification

Lobby
Developer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Lobby »

No, such code doesn't exist (yet). The idea behind is that you should always be able to remove things.

Josh
Graphic designer
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by Josh »

Moved topic

22Alpha
Reactions:

Platform

Post by 22Alpha »

I was not sure where to put it, that's why I put it on plugin problems. Thank you!

22Alpha
Reactions:

Platform

Post by 22Alpha »

Lobby wrote:
06 Oct 2017, 11:04
No, such code doesn't exist (yet). The idea behind is that you should always be able to remove things.
I think I'll support that idea with the reasoning: when the players mistakenly put their zone/building on the wrong lots, they can remove their mistake for free. (Since they already paid for placing the building/tile)

Well, I got the idea of bulldoze fee/price when I remembered that trees can be bulldozed for free. Yet, it is an essential part of the game, since it plays a role like buffer zones or noise reduction. And helps on the environment by reducing pollution and maintain the environment quality from degrading (thru zones and establishments). That is why, I think trees should not be free to be bulldozed.

Another reason is, the RCI Package made by Mr. Kingtut? I think. If I am not mistaken, the only way to stop the big gang house from producing noise and pollution is to bulldoze it. But since it is a plugin, it has its own limitations, I guess. That is why the only way to stop them is thru bulldoze. And since those are part of the RCI, I think bulldozing their respective lands is somewhat a violation of their rights, especially on residential. (Though this is a game, intended for city-building.)

Well, that was just my reasoning behind it.

KINGTUT10101
1,000,000 inhabitants
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by KINGTUT10101 »

*You can also stop the gang areas with parks btw.*

I get what your saying though and I think it could be useful for some projects.

22Alpha
Reactions:

Platform

Post by 22Alpha »

KINGTUT10101 wrote:
06 Oct 2017, 22:56
*You can also stop the gang areas with parks btw.*

I get what your saying though and I think it could be useful for some projects.
Yeah, especially for the trees part. I wonder if "influence police: -X (where x is the set number of radius)" would work on your Gang made plugins and if it would just slightly decrease the quality of police within an area. Mind if I try to experiment on those? I'm asking because I think its against the rules or law of copyright to customize plugins other people have made.

KINGTUT10101
1,000,000 inhabitants
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by KINGTUT10101 »

Feel free to do that. The gang areas originally​had that on them, but I removed them in the released version. Maybe I'll add that back again.

22Alpha
Reactions:

Platform

Post by 22Alpha »

KINGTUT10101 wrote:
07 Oct 2017, 19:01
Feel free to do that. The gang areas originally​had that on them, but I removed them in the released version. Maybe I'll add that back again.
Hey, I tried your revised plugin and it is doing great. And I would like to suggest, if it is allowed and if your okay with it:

1. To use the default buildings as a camouflage, especially the attached type of buildings with same corresponding amount of residents of default buildings, to slightly make it hard to identify which is doing something wrong and make it 2 per type,(2 small gang area apartments, 2 big gang area apartments both residential):
2_20161219_3x_divers_v8_final_2.png
2_20161219_3x_divers_v8_final_2.png (20.05 KiB) Viewed 2752 times
Pictures came from the thread: New buildings in progress by Mr. Theo, I think.

2. Create another for Commercial, using also default buildings for camouflage, probably the Corporation Monsters/Sharks/or any corporation that only cares about profit, or something else about commercial businesses that makes it harder to have workers on other buildings (Just an idea, I'm not implying that many corporations or all corporations do bad.)

3. As for Industrial, probably just remove the tree farming and let players prefer to the depolluter.

As for your RCI Building, I revised the code to "Government building" as an experiment, if it is not allowed, I'll bring back the original code for it. The building has a very slight influences for: police, fire, health, culture. Culture because government studies diversity too, and the protection of the lands of Indigenous People from their ancestral lands were enforced and mainstreamed already, I think.

Well, that is all for now, and you're plugin is doing great! Thank you very much!

KINGTUT10101
1,000,000 inhabitants
Reactions:

Plugin Creator

Platform

Post by KINGTUT10101 »

Thanks. I'll take these suggestions into consideration. I'll see what I want to do with them.

22Alpha
Reactions:

Platform

Post by 22Alpha »

BTW, does anyone of you guys know or have tried if it is possible to use "or" on the requirement for building? ie.

Bat Cave
requirement: Wayne Residence "or" Gotham Public Office

It means allowing a building using whether of the two required buildings. Thank you very much!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Game Discussion”