Total votes: 13

Kelvin
Villager
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store

Platform

More things

Post by Kelvin »

Please add new transport systems like an airport, a harbour is also good ,please also try reducing the lag because my big map is now all used up and even lags in pause mode. Btw, I am using a 1GB ram phone. Please also add a cloud save feature too. Great game, thanks developers,looking forward for the next update. :) :) :)

VeniK
Settler
Reactions:

Post by VeniK »

Agreed, those fps are killing my phone... I'd like to start a big map but I dont want to play with 3 fps... do something with it please ;c

theotheoderich
The Theo in TheoTown
Reactions:

Post by theotheoderich »

VeniK wrote:Agreed, those fps are killing my phone... I'd like to start a big map but I dont want to play with 3 fps... do something with it please ;c
Unfortunately, there are very little opportunities to fix the lags :?

One"problem" is, that the game is doing a huge amount of calculations every second. We can´t reduce this calculations without simplifying the gameplay. The growth of buildings is calculated immediately if environment changes. These are not "fake" calculations like in some other building games i know :wink:

The other "problem" is the huge amount of small images which are drawn on every screen refresh.
One picture for every
- ground tile
- part of a building / road
- overlays like traffic lights
- car
- smoke particle

Your Android device is updating thousands of images every screen refresh (up to 30 times a second, mostly with 10/11 fps).

This can be to hard to handle for some devices, especially on huge cities.

But our developer is constantly optimizing the game :D

*btw...sorry for my bad englisch*

markimoo13
Small-town resident
Reactions:

Post by markimoo13 »

About ports and airports... I think we would need much bigger maps for those because planes need space and airports make a lot of noise because of the planes constantly landing and taking off and you just don't go around the city by plane. Airports and ports should be used to travel to another cities;maybe this would be an option to attract more people to your city? And i don't think animating ships and planes is an easy thing to do. But a cloud save feature would be great :D

theotheoderich
The Theo in TheoTown
Reactions:

Post by theotheoderich »

I don´t think that a bigger mapsize will be possible in the near future.

Most Android devices have problems handling a big mapsize like "Huge" with a big city.

Airports are planed, but they will not appear realistic scaled in the game.
I think it will be more like in SC2k. A plane will be very small and needs only a 3 or 4 tiles runway for taking off or landing.

We are still in the concept phase.

markimoo13
Small-town resident
Reactions:

Post by markimoo13 »

Alright. I am very curious to see how the final "product" will look like :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Game Discussion”