1,000,000 inhabitants
Reactions:
Plugins: Showcase Store
Version: Beta

Plugin Creator

Platform

Re: Plans for new tutorial

Post by KINGTUT10101 »

Then why have other games (ex Minecraft Console Edition) done that? If it has worked for them why won't it work for this game? Plus, if they skip the tutorial they aren't losing much. The game is extremely easy to figure out and it's very forgiving, which leaves room for experimentation. It doesn't matter if the game loses "kids" from its fan base because real fans who will want to know the game will always come along.

Ranks
Settler
Reactions:

Post by Ranks »

Also teach them how to set to sandbox mode and how to exit cities. And make new maps. :bc

Skyhunter117
Inhabitant of a Country
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Skyhunter117 »

former member wrote:
22 Jun 2017, 11:57
You really think someone will take the tutorial? Everyone would skip it if they can, then after that they will uninstall the game because they don't know what is going on
MAKE Them play the Tutorial by offering 50 diamonds upon completion!
Gets them everytime! :evil:

:space

Barky
TheoTown Cartographer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Barky »

A nice short tutorial that is available at any time

Not everyone is the same former member, I read tutorials provided it isn't a wall of text and Im sure plenty of people will

Maybe a small diamond reward for the first time would entice some peoplr

Barky
TheoTown Cartographer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Barky »

Besides it's not that hwrd to grasp Theotown if you have any basic knowledge of city building games

Barky
TheoTown Cartographer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Barky »

When I say basic I'm not kidding

If you understand the basic concept even from real life about RCI and public buildings then you are good, unless you are a little child who knows nothing about this but most of theotown's players are teens-adults

It wouldn't be a wall of text with simple pop-up bubbles for speech concisting of 1-2 lines, if you are too lazy to not read a few simple speech bubbles then I wouldnt say they would stick around wether they understand how to play or not considering Theotown requires lots of time and building up from Null to Max

Barky
TheoTown Cartographer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Barky »

former member wrote:
04 Jul 2017, 01:08
Barky wrote:
04 Jul 2017, 00:41
When I say basic I'm not kidding

If you understand the basic concept even from real life about RCI and public buildings then you are good, unless you are a little child who knows nothing about this but most of theotown's players are teens-adults
I'm not stupid... There are people who never play city building games, ya know?
Did you not read it? I said knowledge of RCI in real life
It's not a hard concept to grasp if you are a kid-teen
former member wrote:
04 Jul 2017, 01:08
You see why nobody plays this game? Too complex for Android fanbase.
The main reason it;s not played as much is because first most people download games just for timekillers and quick simple to play, and second because Theotown has never reached that Number 1 spot or Top 10 or anything long enough for people to notice it. I think it came in the top 100 a couple of years ago but thats about it

I still dont understand why you think a optional tutorial is such a bad idea, people who already know how RCI works or have played city builder games before will skip it, and new players will take it and if they dont it will be available for them at all times. Like I said, if you don't know how to play the game and skipped the tutorial and arn't bothered taking it then chances are you arn't the type of player who likes city builder games.

Heck I learned how to play the game mainly from having knowledge of how RCI works, knowing what public buildings are, and messing around with the tabs

Lobby
Developer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Lobby »

My experience is that many people want to build any building manually. They're wondering then where the skyscrapers are :lol:

I think the way as it is now is acceptable. You can skip the tutorial by going into the game menu. However, a lot of people won't do so (except if they explicitly want to).

I think that our best ranking was place 24 in Simulation Games (German). But that's more than a year ago...

Lobby
Developer
Reactions:

Platform

Post by Lobby »

Does the new tutorial help to keep new players longer?

Yes, it does.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Game Discussion”